Wednesday 27 October 2010

in the land of the leprechauns!

Heineken
We woke up at about 5am on birthday boxing day to leave Paris. While at a shop in Versailes an old man came up to me and said, "Thank you for being so very much beautiful." So needless to say I was sad to be leaving this country behind. But we were off to Dublin so I rolled myself out of bed and gathered my things from the hostel and headed for the metro.

Our flight went smoothly and we got on the free shuttle to our next hostel home. We were pretty bagged but decided to do the usual wander around that one does when one arrives in a new city. We got some good pictures and had dinner at a pub (of course) and were pretty much passed out by 9! Haha (I know Mom is not surprised by this..)

The Spire



















This morning we were well rested, enjoyed the hostel free breakfast and hopped on the free bus tour offered by our hostel (I feel like a pattern is developing here). The tour took us out to Glendalough and Kilkenny. We even passed by places featured in many films such as Braveheart, Reign of Fire and PS I Love You and others I hadn't seen...
Our tour bus driver was pretty funny with songs and jokes and he even told me he loved me! Great day, nice sights and beautiful countryside!
Tomorrow more touring around Dublin itself.

excuse me Sir, do u have the time?


Kilkenny abbey

Glendalough
Fields fom PS I Love You - unfortunately Heather is brown in Oct, not purple..

Glendalough = town of 2 lakes. This is one of them





sheep :)

went to Ireland and saw a rainbow :)
Bulmers Irish cider

No comments:

Post a Comment