Monday 30 August 2010

Accidental finds..

The Palace
Today I had to leave my swanky hotel in the West end.  So after breaky I headed out for one last walk down to Buckingham Palace, then gathered up my things to head to the hostel.


Constitutional walk
No sneaking into the Queen's gardens!


I arrived at the hostel long before check in time so decided I would take a walk. Pretty much flipped a coin and turned right out the front door.  Wandering the road I had no idea what I might find. There was a creepy guy on one corner so I crossed the street and picked up the pace. Now I'm on a bridge... interesting but that happens often aournd here.  Then I realized I was on the London Bridge! (Wow, I'd been meaning to visit this anyway, funny how things work out).








Tower Bridge in the background
From the London bridge I could see down the Thames (no big deal) to the Tower Bridge. So I made my way across the bridge and headed along a waterfront path-thingy and ended up at London Tower (had also been meaning to visit this, what a day).  This is probably the one thing that I have seen so far and actually thought "wow, I expected it to be bigger".  But still impressive knowing how old it is and how many 'traitors' were executed there!
Tower of London


Made my way back across the Thames (no big deal) on the Tower Bridge - an impressive bridge! Along the water on the other side and eventually arrived back at my hostel (bonus). Got all checked in and discovered I don't have wifi at my place (not cool).  This hostel is one of 3 sister hostels, so I have to come a few blocks down the road to the main building for internet... so pics will follow later.

Now I am in house hunting mode, because walking 3 blocks every time I want to use the internet is going to get old fast! Off to find dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment